Identify the Main Differences Between Curriculum Vitae and Resume
One of the most common misinterpretations out there is that a CV is similar to a resume. It is quite the opposite. In fact, it is Curriculum Vitae vs Resume to be precise. They have their similarities but are different from one another. For instance, both documents are often used when you apply for a job post. It is very important that you understand the difference between cv vs resume. This will help you to make the appropriate document for you to get your dream job.
What is Curriculum Vitae?
Let us first understand the meaning of cv before seeing their differences. The cv is used in countries like the UK and other European countries when you apply for a job post in any company. CV is a document that is used to describe the various sections of your life and your skill sets which can help the company you are applying in grow.
Chronological order is followed in the CV. It is usually two or more pages in length. A CV can be used for all types of companies and you have to only make it once and it will be applicable to send it to any company.
Format of the CV:
- Contact info
- Personal statement
- Work experience if any
What is a Resume?
A resume is used for job applications in the United States of America while applying for any kind of job. A resume can be used for highlighting your educational qualifications, exceptional events from your work experience, achievements, and skills.
A resume is accompanied by a cover letter for further details about the candidate and is the most frequently used form of document for job application. A resume is shorter in comparison to a CV. It should be on point, and should only include accurate sentences regarding your work experience.
The resume is not static like the CV. That means you cannot send the same resume for different job posts. It should be modified to adjust according to the job you are applying for. It is vital to present all your information in a shorter format so that your employer has all the necessary info about you in a shorter format.
Format of Resume:
- Contact info
- The headline and career objective
- Educational qualification
- Professional work experience
- Skills and interests
- References if any
what is a CV vs Resume?
The main differences between curriculum vitae vs resume are:
- Length: Both the CV and resume are different in terms of size. The difference is quite noticeable. The resume is shorter than the CV. The resume has a maximum of 2 pages whereas a CV can have up to 3 or 4 pages if necessary.
- Accuracy: A resume is accurate and on point, unlike a CV. The resume highlights the key points of the candidate’s career and aims at presenting only the most important parts of the work experience. The CV is detailed info about the candidate’s career.
- Static Nature: The main difference between the both is that a CV has a static nature contradicting the nature of a resume. A CV can be used for various job posts while a resume can only be used for specific job posts.
How BookMyEssay’s Assignment Can Help You
BookMyEssay’s Assignment Help Online provides the best CV and resumes writing services and we can provide the best services to you that will help you get your desired job. You can avail of our services from our web page.